Skip to main content

Primary School Students Suspended in Bullying Case

 




What happens when bullying in schools escalates to death threats? That question is now at the center of a troubling case in Singapore involving three Primary 3 students from Sengkang Green Primary School. The school suspended the students after it was revealed that they had sent threats of violence, including death threats, to the mother of a fellow classmate who had reported their alleged bullying.

The matter came to light on August 14 when a woman named Ni Yin, who identified herself as the victim’s mother, published a Facebook post detailing months of bullying against her daughter. According to her, her daughter had been persistently bullied by three classmates for nearly six months. Despite repeated complaints to the school, she claimed little was done to protect her child.

The situation escalated after she approached the parent of one of the boys accused of bullying. Shortly after, she said she began receiving harassing calls. In one chilling audio clip she shared publicly, a boy’s voice could be heard issuing graphic threats: “I might dissect her. I might dissect her into pieces like you. So which one do you want me to do? Dissect her? Or end her life in school? Choose one. Either don’t want one, I will kill you instead and your husband.”

Sengkang Green Primary confirmed that the three students responsible for making such threats were immediately suspended. The school added that it was working with the parents of the students and that counselling had been provided. At the same time, it acknowledged that the affected student herself had been involved in “hurtful behaviours,” something the mother strongly disputes.

The police have confirmed that a report has been lodged and investigations are underway. Given the severity of the threats, the school has stated that further disciplinary measures may follow, including caning, once police conclude their inquiries.

Despite these assurances, the victim’s mother says her daughter has faced continued attacks. She claimed that just three days after the death threats, one of the same students attempted to assault her daughter again in school. She further alleged that her daughter was attacked three more times, incidents she says the school failed to notice.

The toll on the young girl has been severe. According to her mother, she is now too frightened to return to school and has been absent for four consecutive days. She is undergoing professional psychological support to cope with the trauma. The family has also requested a transfer to another school, citing ongoing safety concerns.

In a further Facebook post on August 16, the mother pushed back against the school’s statement, which suggested her daughter had also engaged in inappropriate conduct. She said she was shocked at the claim, calling it harmful, dismissive, and an attempt to shift blame. She demanded that the school provide evidence if it believes her daughter was at fault. She insisted that if her daughter had indeed acted wrongly, she would fully cooperate with MOE’s disciplinary procedures — but she rejected what she described as unfair insinuations.

This case has sparked debate about how schools handle bullying and how authorities protect children in such situations. Under Singapore law, children under the age of 10 cannot be held criminally responsible, which raises difficult questions about accountability when very young students commit serious acts like issuing death threats.

For now, Sengkang Green Primary says it has put a safety plan in place for the girl, while police investigations continue. But the victim’s family insists much more needs to be done, calling for stronger intervention from both the Ministry of Education and the school to ensure her daughter’s safety and to address what they describe as systemic lapses in handling bullying cases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Punggol Northshore BTO Plagued by Water Seepage and Electrical Hazards

  ***Update: HDB, Maincon and Consultant has came down to the unit to check. Will update on status once we have more information. A Punggol Northshore BTO homeowner, who moved into his newly renovated flat in July 2024, has voiced frustration over severe water leakage issues that have left his unit unsafe and unlivable. Water has been observed seeping from an electrical powerpoint, with puddles forming on the floor and walls showing bubbling and signs of damage from moisture. The source of the leak appears to be an external wall adjacent to the master bedroom, according to assessments by the main contractor. However, the leakage has already caused significant damage to the flat's walls and paintwork, leaving the homeowner distressed. Adding to the frustration, the main contractor advised the homeowner to avoid using the affected power switches in the living room and bedroom due to the risk of a short circuit. Despite the warning, the homeowner has no choice but to turn on the light...

The Gateway to Singapore’s Digital Future, Punggol Coast MRT Station Opens Today!

  The Punggol Coast MRT station, the 17th station on the North East Line (NEL), officially opened on December 10, 2024. Located in the heart of the Punggol Digital District (PDD), it extends the NEL’s total length to 22 km and enhances accessibility for over 200,000 households within a 10-minute walk of an NEL station. Senior Minister Teo Chee Hean, speaking at the launch, emphasized the station's role in transforming Punggol Town into a vibrant, connected, and sustainable hub. Travel time for Punggol North residents to Outram Park is now reduced to 45 minutes, down from 60 minutes. Transport Minister Chee Hong Tat highlighted the foresight in planning Singapore’s transport infrastructure, such as provisions made two decades ago for the Cross Island Line interchange at Punggol MRT station. This long-term approach underscores Singapore’s commitment to future generations. The station integrates seamlessly with PDD, a 50-hectare smart and sustainable district focusing on digital indus...

Crackdown on Illegal Ride-Hailing with 4 Drivers Caught in LTA Operation

  In a recent operation conducted by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) of Singapore, four drivers were caught and had their vehicles impounded for providing illegal ride-hailing services. These unauthorized services operated both within Singapore and across the border to Malaysia, posing significant risks to passengers. The LTA has issued a stern warning to the public, advising against using such illegal services due to the lack of proper licensing and insurance, which can leave passengers vulnerable in the event of accidents. The operation underscores LTA’s commitment to ensuring the safety and regulation of ride-hailing services in Singapore. Drivers caught offering illegal ride-hailing services without a valid Public Service Vehicle (PSV) Licence face severe penalties, including fines of up to $3,000, imprisonment for up to six months, or both. These measures are in place to deter unlicensed operators and protect passengers from potential harm. Illegal ride-hailing services oft...